Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Ankara, Turkey

One more time that I have neglected my blog so I ended up with a pile of cards :P Well, better late than never , huh? I'll start today with one of my favorite cards that came from Ankara. Well you may not find the postcard breathtaking but for me it brought nice memories from Ankara. I have lived there for three months some  years ago. Well , three months is not that long , surely ,but it was the longest I've been away from home :P And it has been a really anjoyable time of my life  as I was something between a tourist and a person trying to fit in there . It didn't work out staying longer but I never regret for the things I have done !

Ankara is the capital of Turkey as Mustafa Kemal Ataturk moved the capital from Istanbul when he formed the Turkish republic ! Istanbul remains the biggest city in Turkey , most visited and the center for most activities but Ankara has its own beauty too. It is not a love at first sight as Istanbul is for many people but it can capture your heart and mind if you give it a chance to stay there longer.
 One the right of the card you can see Kocatepe Camii , on the right is Atakule Tower ( both could be seen from my house in Yenimahalle ). In the middle top , if I'm not mistaken is Gölbaşı lake , never got the chance to go there and middle bottom reminds me of a place I have visited in Maltepe , near Kizilay but I'm not sure if it is :P

Cok cok tesekkur ederim Burak :)

No comments:

Post a Comment