Thursday, October 11, 2012

Kaunas , Lithuania

Yayyyyy ! A new country for my collection ! Lithuania !! I have a couple of cards from there thanks to my dear friend Grazina but this is the 1st written & stamped I get from that country . The sender tried very succesfully to find a card that fits to my "postcrossing " wish list ! Bridge& Cathedral in one card ~super :)

In his own profile he is wondering what people actually know of Lithuania and right here I'm confessing that it is among the "less-known" European countries for me ! The distance between Mediterranean & Baltic states is not only actual , I guess , but also cultural . What first comes to mind when I hear Lithuania is their basketball team and its great players : Arvydas Sabonis , Valdemaras Chomicius (from the old team )& Sarunas Jasikevicius , Ramunas Siskauskas( current playing ) among MANY others !Other than that not much ! Back to the card now and to Kaunas . On the top is view of the city ( do I really see a basketball next to Lietuva sign? ). Down left is the Town Hall and the other two pics are from the Cathedral of St Peter & Paul. Ačiū to Marius :)

No comments:

Post a Comment