Monday, October 1, 2012

Greeting card (II)

What about a Muslim greeting card? ( Also out of season :D)
There are two major celebration in the Muslim world Ramazan Bayrami ( Seker Bayrami ) and Kurban Bayrami ( I'm familiar only with their Turkish names ). Ramazan Bayrami marks the ending of the fasting month of Ramazan and it is also called Seker (Sugar )as it is a tradition to offer candies to family & friends who are coming for a visit ( A GLORIOUS way of celebration for me , great experience :-D ) In Kurban Bayrami sacrificial sheep are slaughtered and their meet is distributed to the poor .
I guess this card can apply for both celebrations but was given to me on a Seker Bayram ( along with candies OFCOURSE ). My ex boyfriend had bought it for me , wrote it and gave it to me while we were together in Ankara. It is one of the few things that have survived our separation storm ( ie that wasn't thrown out of the window ) so that I guess is showing how much I have always loved postcards even at times that I was not collecting very actively . Years after I can read at the back and laugh at what he wrote ...( * Note * I'm not laughing at Bayram , he had written many irrelevant things ) so cok tesekkur ederim Nuri 

No comments:

Post a Comment