Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Zamek Lnare , Czech Republic

Another official came this week from Czech Republic ! It is not the first one I receive from there  but I guess it's one of the few ,if not the only one which is not showing Prague !  Don't get it wrong I love Prague but it's nice to see some other places too . At the back of the card there is a description about the place but since it's in Czech , I have to refer to wiki once more : Lnáře (GermanSchlüsselburg, in English Lnar ) is a small municipality in the Czech Republic located 35 kilometres (22 mi) northwest of Pisekcity or 50 kilometres (31 mi) southeast of Pilsen. It is situated on the shores of three ponds within municipal borders in the northwest corner of the formerly autonomous Prachens Region, today in the Strakonice District. The name of municipality is from the Slavic word len ("flix") and combined with a suffix which gives a meaning of "flix-makers" or "flix producers". The German name is in remembrance of a different fact – Schlüssel means "key" and Burg means "stronghold": in the ancient history a golden key was found by plougher in the building site of local New Castle.

I hope I'm talking about the same place because I could only find info about this placed called just " Lnare"

In any case many many thanks to Jana :D

No comments:

Post a Comment