Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Passau , Germany

This card comes as a proof that no matter how many cards you might have from a particular country , there is always room for more that will make you discover new places . In my case I have lot of German cards ,from the past when I had a lot of German penfriend and some new ones from official postcrossing procedures! So one might have wondered why I accept private swaps with Germany ..That's why .. This adorable card ( I really love cards that involve water , sea , lakes , rivers doesn't really matter ) came as a private swap and that's how I got to know Passau. Passau is located in Bavaria, it's the seat of Passau University founded in the late 70's as the extension of Institute for Catholic Studies (1622). It is renowned in Germany for its institutes in Economics, Law , Theology, Computer Sciences and Cultural Studies. As a matter of fact 10.000 people out of a total population of 50.000 in Passau are students. What makes it uniquely beautiful to my eyes is that it's the place where three rivers ( Danube , Inn & Ilz ) are joined , hence its nicname " Drei-Flusse-Stadt" ( Three Rivers city ) . Vielen , vielen Dank an Kirsten.

No comments:

Post a Comment