Friday, August 17, 2012

Samsung Touchnote Promotion

I'm listing this 3 cards together even one is from a far different place than the other two , as they were sent via Samsung Touchnote  free campaign during the Olympic Games ! Even though I'm not sure that I count them as "real" postcards , I mean as collective items. , since they are plastic coated, computer-typed and send from Guernsey with a simple "postage paid" sign ( I wish I had an actual Guernsey card ), they made me day when I received them as I took them as a guesture " I'm thinking of you " from some people we already have exchanged with . One of them was not surprise at all since I send it to my precious self :D

So 1st one is from my dear -ME ! and it is showing a wonderful view from Istinye , Istanbul that I had taken with my own camera and is not available in any postcards . This place has always a special place in my heart and I wanted to have it printed in a card.

2nd one is from Istanbul again , from the center of the city this time in the heart of Beyoglu ! IT shows the facade of the famous Cicek Pasaji in Istiklal Avenue. It is a covered passage first openen in 1876, firstly as Naum theater . 4 years later a fire breaks out , and it was destroyed , a greek banker buys it and a fellow greek architect gives it this look. At that time it was called Cite de Pera or simply Hristaki pasaji by the name of his owner. In 1908 the Ottoman Grand Vizier Sait Pasha is purchasing it , and of course it renames as Sait Pasha pasaji . Following the Russian Revolution , many impoverished noble Russian women were selling flowers there , hence it is final name Cicek Pasaji ( flower passage ). After it's restoration in 1988 it was reopened with many restaurants and cafes in the inside. It sums up the history of Istanbul somehow , how cosmopolitan and metropolitan it has always been. Photo was taken & turned into a card by my dear Belkis



3rd is the famous Iguazu falls in Brazil ( see the story in my other Brazil related post ) " Responsible for this card  is Genesio . Thank you both 

No comments:

Post a Comment