Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Sile , Turkey

Long time to write.... quite many cards are waiting in queue :D I'll start with one of my dearest ones from Sile , in Istanbul province of Turkey ! I have visited Turkey many times in the past and I hope for more visits soon but unfortunately I haven't been to Sile YET :D Sile is located very close to Istanbul on the asian shore in Black Sea . Therefore it is one of the most popular weekend destinations for the residents of Istanbul . What attracted me to this card is the Sile lighthouse which has appeared in one of the most famous Turkish TV series " Ezel".  I loved everything about this series and this lighthouse was used as location for some of the most emotionally rich scenes of it .
Wiki helped me once more to know the history behind it .

The Şile Feneri, a historical lighthouse still in use, is located on the western Black Sea coast in the northeast town Şile of Istanbul Province,Turkey.
Commissioned by the Ottoman sultan Abdülmecid I (reigned 1839-1861), it was constructed in 1859 by French engineers. In 1860, the lighthouse went into service.
The masonry lighthouse is built on a cliffy point at Cape Şile about 1 km (0.62 mi) northeast of the town. The 19 m (62 ft) tower with a gallery around the lantern room has the form of an octagonal prism. A masonry one-story keeper's house is attached to it. The lighthouse is painted white with narrow black horizontal bands.


Belkis'cigim cok cok tesekkur ederim :)

No comments:

Post a Comment