Monday, June 25, 2012

Trail lake - Moose Pass Alaska

Here is another card I have received recently and I think it's my 1st postacard from Alaska ever ! ( I have to look through my albums but with this heat here ,it's not the right time !) However this postard did not come from Alaska but from my dear friend Silvana from Germany ! According to the printed text on the back of the card this is a beautiful blue glacier-fed lake located in a deep fjord like valley carved by the now receded Trail Glacier. It is situated 29 miles north of Seward on the Kenai peninsula . It is a favorite starting point for photography flights , day fly in fishing trips &remote cabin fly-outs. A world-famous bush and float flying school using Super Cabs is based here ... Vielen Dank Silvana !

No comments:

Post a Comment