Saturday, June 23, 2012

I finally decided what to do with my blog ! In the beginning I thought to make a "general " thing that I would use somehow like a diary and write whatever would come to my mind. Attempt unsuccessful ... seemed rather impossible to concentrate my thoughts in an interesting post . 2nd attempt was to create an online music contest as music is one of my passions , but my lack of skills in editing videos prevented me from even starting it !
 So here you are my 3rd and hopefully successful edition of this poor blogspot ! When I was a teenager I was exchanging snail mail with people from all over the world. Different people , different cultures from every corner of our little Earth have been always fascinating ! There are so many beautiful corners on our beautiful planet that probably I will never have the chance to visit ! And what would the 2nd best thing to this ....? Yes , postacards !  I have kept through the years all the postcards my penfriends were sending me plus those one I have bought my myself during my few trips in my lovely Mediterranean neighborhood !
 A few weeks ago I read something on the Internet about the world's most remoted inhabited island named Tristan da Cunha  (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tristan_da_Cunha) ! The whole thing was intriguing ... As I was reading the wikipedia article about it I saw that one thing that brings income to this little paradise is coins and stamps being sold to collectors worldwide and decided to google it again at least to have a glimpse of what it would like .. And I found a really beautiful postcard-blog ( I hope that one day I will have a biiig collection like Ana does ) , contacted the blogger , she introduced " Postcrossing" project to me ...and that was it ...The old passion for postcards is back :)
I'm a fresh new postcrosser , haven't received my 1st card yet but hopefully it will be a total bliss !
I'll keep you posted !

No comments:

Post a Comment