Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Belgrade , Serbia

Things in the "postcrossing" are going great : my card to Belarus was delivered plus a swap was arranged as well, so 3 cards are on my way now :D In the meantime I'm still in the mood of writing in this blog , so here it comes a card from my neighborhood in the Balkans ! Belgrade , Serbia ! Belgrade ( Beograd in Serbian ) means the "White City" , lies at the confluence of Danube and Sava rivers , it has been the capital of Yugoslavia from it's creation in 1918 until its final dissolution in 2006., when the last ex-YU republic that was still in union with Serbia , Montenegro declared its independence ! Today it's the capital of Serbia and it's largest city.
It is one of the places which I hope to visit soon ! I heard its night life is excellent plus I would like to meet my old Serbian friends whom I miss a lot ! This card was send in 2000 from my dearest Jelena in team work with my other crazy mate Sylvia , while Sylvia was visiting Belgrade !It is not stamped , it has a postal sticker instead , which was popular in my letters coming from Serbia !! Hvala ti puno Jeja ( & Skipka :D )

No comments:

Post a Comment