Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Iguazu falls , Brazil

I'm a really impatient person in general and in that particular point it has to do with "Postcrossing" ! Well not about that site itself but the "long" time the post offices take to get a card from point A to point B !I registered in Postcrossing 13 days ago and all at once I requested 5 addresses which is the limit for the beginners ! Posted the cards on very same day. About 2 of those I'm almost sure that they are going to delay as they are going one of them  to China and the other to Russia and to be exact in the Russian Far East in Sakha Republic ( also known as Yakutia )! The other two are going to Ukraine & Belarus so they might also delay a bit , even though there is everyday connection from my city to both Kiyv and  Minsk. But I was really hoping that the 5th card would reach its destination within a week or 10 days mostly as it is heading to Germany ! When it will be registered the first card will be coming on my way plus only then I will be able to message other postcrossers about private swap ! Yes , true , I'm "talking" too much. I told you , I'm impatient !
Well , as the days are passing I'm digging my old ones and here I have one from Brazil showing the famous Iguazu falls.  Iguazu falls are in the border of Brazil ( the Brazilian state of Parana to be more exact ) and Argentina (the Argentinian province Misiones). The name of the falls and the river itself of course comes from Guarani words " y" that means water and "uasu" that means big ! According to a local legend , a god was planning to marry one beautiful woman called Naipi , who fled with her mortal lover Taroba in a canoe. This -of course - outraged the god , that sliced the river , created those waterfalls and condemned the two lovers to an eternal fall ...
This card has come to me written and stamped ( I must find the way to scan and upload the stamps only ) back in 1996 by my Saudi Arabian penfriend at those times during his holidays in Brazil/Argentina ! Thank you Maher :))

No comments:

Post a Comment