Monday, June 25, 2012

Mount Everest Nepal

What about some cold and snow ? Anywhere better than the top of world ? Yes it's Mt Everest as seen from Kalapatthar. According to Wikipedia Kala Patthar meaning "Black Rock in Nepali and Hindi, is a Mountain in Nepalese Himalayas . It appears as a big brown bump below the impressive south face of Pumori. Many trekkers are attempting to summit Kala Patthar since it provides the most accesible point to view Mt Everest  from base camp to peak as due to the structure of Everest the peak cannot be seen from the base camp The views of Everest , Lhotse and Nuptse are spectacular from almost everywhere on Kala Patthar. Also the world's highest webcam is located there.
Unfortunately this card was not mailed to me from Nepal itself ! I got it from my Nepali workmate with the bunch of others. One day he came to work with a pile of postards to show us his country. Even though my collection of postcards was not on its active phase I couldn't resist having one from Nepal so I asked him and he generously gave them all to me ( I'll eventually upload them ). What a bliss !! Thank you Nitesh :)

No comments:

Post a Comment