Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Freiberg, Germany

Although I still haven't received my first official postacard yet ,( 4 of mine are recieved so I guees it's a matter of time and I won't complain :D ), my first arranged direct swap card is here :)) It comes from Germany , a country that I got so many postcards in the past. Nevertheless excitement is still the same no matter how many cards you have from a place ...:) This particular one comes from Freiberg ( a city that I always confuse with Freiburg ). Freiberg lies in " Free State of Saxony " and is the administrative centre of Mittelsachsen district ! It was built in 1186.In 1944 a subcamp of Flossenburg concntration camp was built outside the town of Freiberg. It housed over 500 female survivors of other camps including Auschwitz Birkenau. In 1985 Mormons built their Freiberg Germany temple due to the large number of memmbers in the region. The temple serves the whole area of Eastern Germany and a big part of East Europe! 
As for the lovely building of the picture all I could found was in German http://www.schloss-freudenstein.net/ ...
And all I can say is vielen Dank Antje

No comments:

Post a Comment